Prison Rule info from insideinformation
(1) Paragraphs (2) to (5), (6)(e) and (7) of this rule do not apply in relation to a prisoner who is received into prison on transfer from any other prison.
(2) Every prisoner shall be informed by the Governor at the time of reception how the prisoner may inform–
of the prisoner’s reception into prison, and the Governor shall make available reasonable facilities for that purpose.
(3) A prisoner who is a foreign national shall also be informed of his or her entitlement to contact, in addition to the persons mentioned in paragraph (2), a diplomatic representative of the prisoner’s choice.
(4) A prisoner who is a refugee or stateless person shall also be informed of his or her entitlement to contact, in addition to the persons mentioned in paragraph (2),
(5) A prisoner who is committed to prison on default of the payment of any sum of money due to be paid by the prisoner shall be informed by the Governor at the time of reception of the facilities available in terms of rule 79 to arrange the making of such payment as will entitle the prisoner to be released from prison.
(6) On reception every prisoner shall be provided with information in writing by the Governor concerning the following matters:–
(7) In the case of any prisoner whose date of release can be calculated at the time of reception, the Governor shall inform the prisoner of that date as soon as may be reasonably practicable and normally within 48 hours.
(8) The information to be provided to any prisoner in terms of this rule shall be provided in a manner which enables the prisoner to understand it.
May 2013 Headlines
Legal Aid: Government consult on £220m saving plan
The Tony Shepherd Case
A Guide to Representing Yourself in Court
Court in the Inaction
Legal Aid: back in the firing line
At the mercy of the Prison Service
Appeals: Who can help me? How much will it cost?
Guilty pleas and reduced sentences
Month by Month
Jonathan King writes
Typewriters in Prison
Notes from the other side of the wall
Some of us just need a second chance
Incentives and Earned Privileges
Launch of an Alcohol and Crime Commission
From over the wall
Transformers: Robots in disguise?
Recent study highlights the problems of past abuse
Fraudulent trading or bad business – where is the line drawn?
OASys - Wonder or Wall in helping or halting your progression?
Challenging Search Warrants
New! Volume 4 of
is now available!
A collection of poems by prisoners of all backgrounds.
Availabe to buy from this site! Volume 1,2 and 3 are also still available and you can SAVE by purchasing bundles!
You can subscribe to insidetime Newspaper and get the paper each month delivered to your door!
Advertise your business or solicitors office to a highly defined target audience.
Inside Time has produced a number of books and publications you can purchase online.
All contact info for the Operations office and the Editorial Team.
Our site map page contains links to all pages on the insidetime site.
We have a number of external websites which you may be interested on our Links Page.
Everything you need to know about visiting people in prison; procedures, opening times, directions etc.
Comprehensive information about each prison regime; lock down times, facilities, healthcare etc.
Various pages of information for help and support organisations and networks for those in custody as well as recently released. Also information for friends and family.
This grants and funding pdf document aims to meet the need of prisoners and ex-offenders for accurate, up to date information on the supplementary funding available to prisoners.
Information on rules & regulations used throughout the prison service.
The Glossary of Prison Related Terms explains what all the acronyms and terms stand for with prison related matters. Includes links to external sites to further explain things.
We have produced many Prison Related Fact Sheets inc. Legal Fact Sheets, Parole Fact Sheets and Other related information.
You can search our solicitor database for listings of solicitors in your area that provide the services you require.
You can search our barrister database for listings of barristers in your area that provide the services you require.
You can search our address database in many ways to retrieve contact information for all those elusive addresses you need in a hurry.
This document provides details of leading training providers who offer sound professional training.
Inside Information has produced a number of books and publications you can purchase online.
Our site map page contains links to all pages on the insideinformation site.
Use the Contact Us Feedback form to send us suggestions, plus our address and phone numbers.
insidejustice was launched in July 2010 to investigate alleged miscarriages of justice.
Full introduction is on the insidejustice homepage